Friday 21 June 2013

8. Snowball Effect

*Okay...So, I'm hoping to bring a little bit of drama to this fic in this chapter lol I just hope it's okay! :) I reeeaallly suck at writing more mature scenes lol it was probably a dumb decision to write a fic centred around this idea tbh -.- But oh well, I apologise if it was shit! Thanku so much for the comments on chapter 7!! :D*

Their taping was still in session. He'd started out with a feeling of urgency which, somehow turned into more of a passionate lovemaking scene rather than what he was aiming for. He didn't rush it though. Instead he took his time, showing her his love and making her feel the way she deserved to feel. The way Max could never make her feel. That being said, he did need to get the right footage for his tape. Thus, round two commenced after they'd laid side by side lovingly for an hour or so. Just exchanging kisses and uttering sweet sentences to one another. Things got a little more rough this time, something he knew she liked on the low.

Keeping the speed of his movement at a constant and steady pace, he continued to stroke in and out of her as she received each one of his thrusts with a throaty groan. He could feel the vibration of her grunts travel through his hand as he kept it wrapped securely around her neck. Her pulse quickening as her climax neared. He was being more rough than usual and feeling his body weight pressed firmly on to her back as his grip on her throat grew tighter was turning her on. The air being crushed out of her lungs whilst she lay on her front.

"Fuck. Oh God, Aubrey I'm gonna cum." Her words were only just breathed out with a struggle, his pace getting faster upon feeling her walls tighten around him.

"Cum with me." He was going deeper and harder than before, causing her face to scrunch up partly with pleasure and partly with pain. She was quiet for only a few seconds, the left side of her face being suffocated by the bed sheets. She could hear his groans of pleasure and her silence soon diminished when her body was thrown into a moment of pure bliss as she came. Her broken, high-pitched cries finished him off as he balled her hair up into his fist, pulling her head up as he filled her with his deposit. Her fifth and final orgasm still affecting her as he collapsed lightly on her back. His mouth was next to her right ear, his left hand now only lightly wrapped around her neck as she panted out in recovery. She could feel his heart beating rapidly through her back whilst he placed light kisses on her neck just below her lobe.

They stayed where they were for a while. Trying to regain enough energy to even speak. Finally feeling as though she needed air she shifted a little, telling him to move. He pulled out gently and lay next to her as she rolled on to her back. She looked completely spent.

"You okay?" His voice was rattly.

"Yeah." She smiled and nodded before grabbing his hand gently. "I'm fine, I just can't be assed gettin' up and goin' home now." Sighing miserably she rolled on to her side and studied their connected hands.

"I'ont want you to go either." He ran a finger over her flushed cheek. "But you wanna see Mica."

"Oh shit." She sat up quickly as she was reminded. "What time is it? I'm supposed to be on my way to my Mom's now." Flying off of the bed she started collecting her clothes in a hurry.

"I'll go start the shower." He stood up and started heading towards the bathroom.

"I don't have time, she's gonna start askin' questions." Looking flustered she started throwing her clothes on.

"What, so you're gonna go home to Max smellin' like another man? It'll take five minutes to rinse yourself off." He reasoned.

He was right and she knew it. Without another word she hopped in the shower and rinsed thoroughly before drying and re-dressing again.

"I'll call you-"

"No don't, I'll call you." She was talking, walking and pulling her coat on as she neared the front door. She was almost half an hour later than she'd told her Mom. Feeling his hand on her forearm she turned around to start talking irritably but he kissed her before she even got chance. It was one if those kisses that made her feel weak at the knees. One that was begging her to stay when she knew she couldn't.

Breaking the kiss he pulled back and wiped his thumb over her lips. "I love you."

"I love you too." They just stared for a few seconds before she was snatched back to the cruel reality of life and stepped away, shutting the door quietly behind herself. She really couldn't keep doing this and it became even more evident as to why when she reached her Mom's house.

***

"Do you want something to eat before you go home?" Carol smiled warmly, trying to hide her growing concern.

"No thanks, I gotta get back."

"But Lani and Kelise are here, you don't stay for a while?"

"Mommy, honestly, I'm really tired I need to get Mica home and fed." She wrinkled her brow apologetically. "But this weekend is free, maybe we could come over for dinner?"

"That's a great idea and of course, I understand. I bet work was tiring." She folded the dish cloth in her hands. "You have a busy night tonight?"

Upon hearing that question Jelani stalled in the hallway, not wanting to walk in on a possible argument. Instead he stayed put, listening intently to their conversation. Nicki was lying through her teeth and he knew his Mother would begin to ask questions and make her feel on the spot. That always led to an explosive confrontation. Especially on Nicki's part.

"Yeah, yeah it was pretty full on." She nodded whilst avoiding eye contact.

"I'll bet." She chuckled. "You look exhausted."

"Mhm, I was rushed off my feet." Rubbing the back of her neck guiltily she was about to speak again but Carol beat her to it. Her voice was more accusative this time.

"You do know the restaurant was shut tonight, don't you?"

Her body froze and her mouth went dry. How the hell was she supposed to answer that? And she knew this was just the start. There was absolutely no trust in their relationship any more. They both felt it but mostly Nicki. There was this overwhelming sense of shame that hung over her like a cloud whenever her Mother was around and it bothered her deeply.

"W-what are you talkin' about? It's always busy on Fridays." She shook her head and tried to laugh it off but her lies were all catching up to her and fast.

"Onika, don't you dare stand there and lie to my face." She snarled and threw the cloth back into the sink. "Jelani told me. He said there was a shortage of kitchen staff, the place was closed for the night." Pausing for a second she moved closer to her daughter. "Why are you lying to me, Onika? Where were you, really?"

This was it. She could feel the years of pent up anger and unspoken feelings trying to pry their way out. The amount of blame, embarrassment and disappointment her Mother threw at her was damaging and now it was all coming to a head. Her lip curled with anger before she spoke. "I am not bout to stand here and be interrogated like I'm some sort of-"

"Some sort of what?" Her eyes widened as she cut her daughter off mid-sentence. "Some sort of criminal?  A drug addict?!"

"Recovering." She corrected her quickly, trying to remain calm but she could feel herself getting more and more worked up. "I'm a recovering addict, Mom."

She scoffed. "Once an addict, always an addict. You're going to be recovering for the rest of your life."

"Why are you always doing this to me?!" She yelled. "I've been clean for over a year, yet one thing happens that ain't even drug -related and you start firin' all this shit at me like ammo you've had stored up all these months!" Hitting her hand repeatedly against her other palm she felt the tears surfacing. "You always make me feel about this big!" Stepping closer to her Mother she motioned with her fingers. "Let me live in the present! Stop rakin' all this bullshit up from the past every time you've lost tabs on where I am and what I'm doing!"

On the other side of the door, Jelani could hear how upset she was becoming. He knew she was crying but that wouldn't stop his Mother. Sometimes they were one and the same. She would carry on like a machine until she got to the bottom of her daughter's whereabouts this evening. Whether Nicki was sobbing her heart out or not.

"It's going to take a lot longer than a few months to gain back our trust, Onika. Especially since it's not just you we're thinking about now." She stopped before speaking again more loudly. "There's a child involved in all of this! So, you can either tell me where you were tonight, or we can keep on going in circles like we are now." She shrugged emotionlessly having stated her ultimatum. Honestly, seeing her daughter stood before in such a painful state was heartbreaking but if her suspicions were correct and Nicki was using again, there was no way she was risking it.

"Y'know what? I'm not gon' stick around and put up with this. Especially not from you." She sniffled hard and tried wipe her tears away. "I thought you trusted me."

"I did and I do. But when you start lying and hiding things from us is when we start to suspect something is wrong!"

"What, so I can't have any part of my life be private any more?" She frowned harshly and stared her Mother down. "I suppose I should start spillin' now then. Whattya want to know first? Hm?" She laughed without any trace of humor showing.

Jelani was cringing with regret on the other side of the door. He wished he'd never opened his mouth now. His sister was hurting beyond words could describe and he could tell by only the cracking of her voice as she cried. It was moments like these which made him desperately worry about her relapsing.

"Don't be ridiculous, I never said that." Her Mother hissed.

"But it's what you meant though! You can't know where I am twenty-four seven, Mom! I'm an adult for God's sake!" Finishing off her rage-filled sentence she swiped violently at a glass on the table. Only the smashing could be heard as it made contact with the kitchen tiles. She was shaking with fury before her breathing ceased momentarily once she heard Mica's faint cries.

"I'm not gonna deal with this every time you question my sobriety! I need for you to trust me! But you don't! I need for you to stop blaming me and making me feel like such a let-down! You're the reason I'm the way that I am!" She shook her head tearfully, shocked at the words she just screamed at her own Mom. She needed to her it though. No doubt about it. All the angst from the last few years was finally surfacing, but she didn't feel better from this venting session. She felt horrible. Even more so when her Mother didn't respond and instead walked slowly over to the dustpan and brush as she started sweeping the glass shards up.

"Go home Onika."

"Mom-"

"No, I don't want to hear your mouth right now. You've made yourself perfectly clear."

Dropping her hands by her sides defeatedly she folded her lips as she shook. The tears still running down her face. She was petrified of these kind of run-ins with her Mother. The last one had resulted in an almost fatal overdose when she was nineteen. If it wasn't for Jelani finding her she wouldn't even be here right now.

Pulling the kitchen door open she came face to face with her brother. Not uttering a word she pushed past him as she started crying harder, running up the stairs and straight to the spare room where Mica stayed. He was secured in Kelise's embrace as she tried to soothe him.

"I don't know what's wrong with him, he won't stop crying." She looked worried. Even more so when she saw the state Nicki was in.

"He's hungry. I'mma take him home now." She held her arms out to take him but Kelise stayed stationary.

"Nicki, are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Just hand me my son so I can take him home, please?" Receiving a look that said "Don't test me" she decided to co-operate. As soon as Mica was in his Mother's arms her familiar scent comforted him and he calmed down almost instantly. Making sure he was secured against her body, she held him with one arm and grabbed his baby bag as she slung it over her shoulder.

She didn't say another word to Kelise as she stormed back down the stairs, her Mother was still sat solemnly in the kitchen and Jelani was obstructing the front door.

"Move."

He held his arms out. "Not until you've calmed down."

"You got three seconds to move outta my way." Her nostrils flared.

"You not leavin' until you've simmered down, Nic." He tried to usher her back into the lounge room but his upper arm was met by her small, balled up fist.

"The fuck outta my way Jelani!"

The moment her voice and body language became hostile Mica began to squirm as he picked up on the bad energy his Mother was emitting. Jelani moved quickly to avoid being hit again and getting Mica caught between them.

He wanted to chase after her so badly. The memories of last time this happened still haunted him but he knew chasing her would just make things worse right now. Instead he watched her leave in an absolute state, the front door slamming before him as Kelise stood in shock on the stairs.

"Jay, what the hell happened?"

He breathed out slowly. "My Mom is what happened." Hitting the door frame in a moment of heightened temper he yelled out before rubbing his head and face. "I told her to just fuckin' leave it!"

"Leave what?" She approached him cautiously before resting a soft hand on his tatted arm. "Did somethin' go down with Nicki?"

He didn't respond and only looked at her sadly before he made his way back to the kitchen. He wanted answers.

***

She got home much quicker than she'd anticipated. How she managed to even make it with all the tears stinging at her eyes was a miracle in itself. Just sitting in the parked car once she'd entered the garage she cried for what felt like hours before Mica's grumbles brought her back to the moment. He was probably close to starving by now.

"Okay, we're goin' in now." She unbuckled herself as she cooed to her baby before getting out and removing him from his car seat. His diaper needed changing too. She tried hard to stop crying but it was as if the barrier was down for good and she couldn't stop. Her mind was completely clouded. Everything that was happening with Drake and now this argument with her Mother, she didn't know what to do or think. Right now she just wanted to lay in bed with her baby boy held close to her. He was the only one not causing her any grief or heartache at the moment.

Kicking the door shut with her foot she let the baby bag drop to the floor, readjusting Mica in her arms before heading to the stairs.

"Where've you been?" His deep voice made her jump. He was sat in the lounge-room, drink in hand and face looking stony as hell.

"Oh my God. Please, not you too." She shook her head, more tears coming loose. "I can't fucking deal with this right now, I'm going to bed."

"Answer the question, Onika." He leapt from the chair and followed her up the stairs when she ignored him. He wanted a confession and he would go to any length to get one. Nobody made a fool out of him. Especially not his damaged wife and a struggling camera-man with no apparent direction in life. He needed to hear her say it. That's all he wanted.

"I was working, Max! You already know that!" She immediately regretted yelling when their son started crying again. "Look, I'm tired, I'm fed up and I just wanna go to sleep." Sobbing her sentence out she tried to avoid his gaze before laying Mica on their bed. He didn't say anything and just kept staring at her.

"Since when did you start clockin' outta work at 12am, Nicki?"

"I was at my Mom's house for a while." She sniffled and pulled Mica's onsey open as she started undressing him.

"Y'all had a argument or somethin'?" His voice was softer now, making him less daunting to converse with. He was unpredictable and quite scary at the best of times.

"An argument? No." She bit her lip attempting to force the tears back as he approached her cautiously, aware of the distress she was in.

"What then?"

"It's nothin' I wanna talk about right now Max, please." Finally fixing Mica's clean diaper in place she picked him up and held his naked body to her chest as she moved through to his bedroom. Unfortunately Max was actually paying attention to her for once and followed her through. When he reached the doorway she was putting a sleep suit on him as he lay on his changing table.

"Doesn't seem like nothin'." He probed.

"Y'know, Max. Just the usual shit she dishes out to me."

"Whattya mean?" He stepped into the room, intrigued to hear what she had to say.

"You know damn well what I mean." There was a long pause whilst he thought.

"She ask you if you was usin' again?"

Receiving no response it only took him a second or two to notice her shoulders shuddering as her hand moved up to her face. To say she was completely beside herself with upset was a vast understatement. She was an emotional wreck.

It only worsened when she felt his strong arms pull her to him, holding her tight as she let it all out. It made her feel like shit. All the betrayal and the sneaking around behind his back yet here he was, comforting her as she had a mini meltdown in his grasp. Don't get him wrong, he hated what she was doing but at the end of the day he did still love her and she was the Mother of his child. Seeing her in such a way was a horrible thing to experience.

What was lurking around the corner however, would have him riled beyond comparison.

...

*Okay so I reeeaaallly struggled with this chapter because of all the dialogue and the opening scene ._.
lol I'm not a brilliant writer to begin with and dialogue is definitely not my strong point so I'm sorry if it was a mess :O Thanku to those who commented last chapter :D And I hope this was alright! :/*

16 comments:

  1. I hope Nic & Mama Carol get along again. That was a crazy ass argument. & Imma need Max to just wait & ask her about her sneaky ways a little later. Her emotions are all over the place right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very WELL written are you kidding me? =p. I hope Nic and Mama Carol make up.. cuz that argument was <<<

    I feel like we're about to see a real bad side of Max too and If Nic gets hurt.. I will jump into the story and strangle him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH. MY. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. OK, where do I begin? Well for starters, girl, you may be uncomfortable writing those scenes, but I promise you, they're not what you think AT ALL. They make me feel like... like idk. as if I was the one behind that tripod filming it, ya know? They're so descriptive and yeah. Love it. Her & Drake are so cute. like, pls just be together forever. They're in LOVE.

    SMH. Mama Carol... I get where she's coming from in all this, but there's a right and wrong way to do things and that was wrong. & Knowing the outcome of the last argument they had like that, you'd think she'd back off a little noticing how bent up Nicki was about it. She wants to make sure she's staying clean, but accusing someone constantly of doing something they're not doing is only gonna push them to doing it. I wish it didn't go down like that but hopefully Jelani can put her in her place, cuz NO.

    oooo, Max was drinking, I thought he was about to get KUH-RAY-ZEE for a second. but then he went to comfort her and ugh.. I feel bad cuz even tho he knows she's "cheating" he still wont just watch her hurt. Awwww. But.. ergh.. he had his chance. I just.. idk

    OMG @ the ending. What's gonna happen? Drake coming by? Her mom gonna come say she wasn't at work? She gonna leave him? What Charlz, WHAT? lol, ok. Great chapter. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg ur fics are the best of them all. I donrmt even like dricki fics but u pull me in wanting more everytime. Stop doubting yourcself because your amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a brilliant writer?! I beg to differ! Every single one of your stories have wonderful plots with amazing dialogue and story lining. Please update soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are indeed actually brilliant! The mature scenes are always amazing and very detailed. The drama? Omg. When I read your writing I feel everything that the character is going through. I absolutely loved this chapter. I could've read on, tbh. I need to know what Max will do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMFG i did NOT know she used to use!!! Dang lani really shouldn't have said anything tbh i'm glad he feels bad for what he did cause now him telling their mom that just made everything she's going through harder. I understand where mama carol is coming from but it was kinda uncalled for for her to accuse nika of using again. Thank god max didn't blow up on her like i knew he was going to. But just imagine what's gonna happen next.

    I love you charlee this update was amazing!!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOODNESS I JUST LIKE LAWD ALL THESE LIES ARE CATCHING UP TO HER OMG!!! I can't wait to see what will happen next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK first of all what do you mean you're not a brilliant writer.......you're beyond an amazing writer that words can't explain and I love this chapter I can't wait till you post the next chapter cause I know its going be steamy and all the serects come out I hope but I really do hope nicki and Drake better themselves because she does have a child in all this but in the end of the last chapter I have a feeling they going get married and have a child but anyway I love this chapter I hope nicki and Drake know what they doing and that Max doesn't find out and her and mama Carol can trust each other again post soon PLZ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG post soon because all these lies nicki keeps telling every body are catching up with her

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW....
    Nicki has really gotten herself into a lil bit of a stiff :((
    I hope she gets through this, but first Max needs to tell her what he knows so she can stop with the lies. It's causing her pain. Now her mother think she's using again.. smh this is bad :( but her session(s) with Drake... Damn! Like... how can she stay away when he gives it to her like that?! LAWD!! Smh I really liked this chapter, idk what you're talking about. I can't wait to see what goes down next ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGGGG this was EVERYTHING!! I feel so bad for Nic. She's going through a lot right now and for her mom to come at her and say all that to her was so wrong and hurtful. I want her to be happy that's all..I'm surprised at how Max is acting I'm glad he's comforting her and didn't blow up that's the last thing she needs right now..but I feel like that's coming soon. Can't wait until the next chapter. PLEASE post soon!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. First off I wanna say your fics are everything and your an amazing writer. LAWDDDDDD Nic is going through so much right now. Everything that her mom said just made it worst. She should've just left it alone, but I guess they got a lot of built up stuff out. I'm glad Max didn't blow up on her and was understanding. I can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to be invited to read your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know this is bad to say but i just want Max to keep pushing her so she just gets really pissed off, jk. I think that she still doesn't see that at some note her child's happiness is link to hers so by staying with Max and being miserable she is also making her child miserable. I feel bad that Max found out about what happened in his house but the way he put it made him an asshole he didn't have to think of her as his damaged wife which is rude. I think Drake is just sad that he can't have her full attention because she is trying to have a better life for her son Mica. OMG Mica is the cutest baby boy ever. I love him. Mama Carol made me really sad because she yelled at Nicki for something she didn't know to be true. I feel bad for Nicki because she is having an emotional battle with herself trying to decide whether to stay with Drake or Max then she has her mother doubting her plus a baby to take care of. i honestly think she should leave and be with Drake. She said it already Max doesn't pay attention and hard;y knows how to take care of Mica. BUT then again she has been clean for over a year and Drake does drugs. I;m confused. Carlee stahp playing with my emotions post soon please!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete